Monday, February 04, 2008

Get Out Now


I’m drowning in my own empty mind--so blank, yet ready to explode. I want to scream and cry and grasp someone so tightly that I forget who I am. I want to scratch at my skin until I bleed out the secrets I can’t find in myself. But I know they’re there! Somewhere inside me, the little demons are writhing with pleasure because they think they have won. But they have not! I am still here, fighting for my own sanity.
I am going to run away and make all the mistakes I promised I wouldn’t. I want to make love somewhere dirty and hidden. Something I can regret.
I can’t regret a damn thing, my love.
And every time I drive alone, I think of never stopping. Of driving too fast into a wall of water or into a great oak, praying that it would pulverize my existence into nothing but something to be scraped off of my dashboard.
How about, we do it together? You and I can drive and drive until we find the right cliff. Take that leap with me, hands clasped tight and eyes locked.
Give it all up with me.
Give it up before I fall for you.
Give it up before I explode.

No comments: